HEAD POSITION & ADJUSTMENT
To adjust quickly to get head in correct position.
Noodle, ball and string
TACKLE CLINIC HEAD MOVEMENT DRILLS
- Sight your target throughout
- Keep balance in tackle stance
- Don’t get distracted by legs, eyes or legs
- Adjust your upper torso – Don’t adjust (move) your head
- Bend knees – then move.
- Very small step adjustments.
- U or triangle shaped movement of the torso is needed
- In pairs get within arm’s length of each other.
- One player tries to touch other players shoulder using left or right hands.
- Avoid by moving torso left and right or leg back to drop.
Bob and Weave Noodle
This is a very simple drill in which one partner will hold a pool noodle in front of them and the person performing the drill will bob and weave under the pool noodle.
Start by just standing still – then bob and weave forward as the noodle holder moves backwards. You can also use a piece of rope or string.
Start at chin level then drop!
Bob and Weave Noodle 2
This is a very simple drill in which one partner will hold 2 pool noodles in front of them and the person performing the drill will bob and weave under each pool noodle. Left, middle, right, etc.
Start by just standing still – then bob and weave forward as the noodle holder moves backwards.
Advanced drill for those with great technique.
With 2 pool noodles – partner can tap you on shoulder (left or right) and you move to avoid. To advance you can also swipe noodles in a lateral motion, so you need to bob down by moving back leg.
From a roof, cross bar or basketball hoop, hang string and tennis ball.
Stand with your nose on the ball. Swing the ball forward and away from you.
As the ball moves toward you, slip head to either side.